Saturday, August 16, 2014

I am the Dog

For the past few weeks, I've been without a working Border collie.

My young working dog is recovering from surgery.


My old working dog died.



Tag's afraid of sheep.



I'm afraid to work Caeli on sheep.


Let's just say that it's a lot less stressful for me and the sheep if I trek through the pastures, round the sheep up and bring them back to the barn.

So, for the past few weeks, when I've had to move sheep, I've been the dog.


When you're the dog, you see a lot more tails than heads.

You learn that ewes are easier to move than ram lambs.



The ram lambs often want to look around, to buck and play.


I tell myself I'm learning more about sheep behavior and pressure points and livestock handling.

But I'm really missing my dog.





1 comment:

  1. great pics, humorous....and you whammed us at the end. poinient

    ReplyDelete