Wednesday, October 14, 2015

My Green Thumb Turns Red

Among the new tries for this year's garden was popcorn.

It loved my garden, and grew and grew, then turned brown, the full ears drying on the stalk. I harvested it last week and had two paper backs full of mahogany red ears.

I could leave the corn on the ears. When I want a snack, all I'd have to do is grab an ear, stick it in a paper bag and zap it in the microwave.





But ears of corn take up a lot of space.

So I opted to save some whole ears for popping and began shelling the rest. Removing the kernels from the cob made by thumb sore. I put on gloves. It helped, somewhat.

After filling two jars, I called it quits. My thumb was quite red and beginning to blister.




Corn shelling will have to wait a few more days.




No comments:

Post a Comment