Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gratitude--Morning Walks with Dogs


I am grateful for frost-covered mornings in November and remaining bits of fall color.


And for Border collies who insist on the morning walk, no matter the weather.


Ice crystals formed on the pond overnight, but calm winds and a rising sun make it pleasant for walking.


As always, the dogs inspect the pond.


But, unlike me, they aren't mesmerized by the reflections.


They don't stop to ponder how every side of the pond throws a reflection.


We return home to a fire in the wood stove.


And delight in its warmth.


1 comment:

  1. This post makes me happy. I'm really grateful this time of year, as well, for the walks, and for the warm house when I get back! And I like Border Collies, who remind me of my youth.

    ReplyDelete