Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What They Remember

I gave up on horseback riding this week -- at least for the next month or so. With high temperatures, rock hard ground, and horse flies, riding is not fun. 


But, I didn't want to give up on the horses.


The Haflingers are social critters who like interacting with people.


So, I got out the clicker. It's been 18 months since I worked with them on the clicker. During those brief sessions on clicker training, I introduced them to the clicker and taught them to touch a target.


Would they remember that after all this time?


Yes.


Lily, especially, loves the clicker. The mare is curious by nature... and loves treats. As soon as I clicked, she was offering behaviors to receive the reward.


Now, what to teach?


My first goal... Play Ball!





No comments:

Post a Comment