Sunday, May 31, 2015

Uh-oh...I Lost My Sheep

In a matter of days it happened. The pasture went from lush to waist-high.




And, when Raven, the border collie, couldn't see the sheep through the grass, I knew it was time to do something.



So, I've started mowing the pastures.



We usually mow pastures about three times a year. In early June, July and late fall. It's a process that crawls along--the tractor speed varies from 1-2 mph. And there are acres to mow.

But it's a break from digging, rototilling, weeding and barn cleaning. When mowing, I watch the swallows swoop behind me, scooping up bugs. I savor the breeze brushing my skin. And, I have hours to think and daydream.

When finished--and we're not there yet, I have a place to work the dog.

And the sheep look lovely on freshly mowed pastures.




No comments:

Post a Comment