Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Day

The wind was cold and furious as I walked the dogs this morning.

If it were March 1, it would be lion-like weather. But it is Feb. 29--that date that comes around every four years, my grandma's birthday.

She was born Feb. 29, 1904.

How strange and fascinating it was for me, to always be older than my grandma.

She's been gone for years now, not quite making it to her 25th birthday.

And to this day, she's the only Leap Year baby I know.

Happy 28th Birthday, Grandma!


My mother and grandmother at the first cookie bake at our house in 1998. I didn't have a date on this photo, but figured it out from clues in the kitchen, most notably, the missing vent over the stove top. Also note the corded phone in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment