Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lessons of Sheep

The five-acre field finally dried enough so that I could work Caeli and the sheep in it. We were reminded of the lessons of sheep. Good Mom will turn, face danger and stomp. Her daughter, not quite a year old, will do the same. Sheep drift toward the barn. Sheep have long memories. Among the eight ewes was a ewe that I'd used for practice most of last year. By the end of the year, she and her four buddies learned that if they came to me, the dog left them alone. When I brought the sheep to me for a spring photo, the others were weary of me. She relaxed and ate.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new picture. Sheep are funny critters, I had no idea their memory was so good. :D I also like how Mother teaches daughter, not so unlike the human families.

    ReplyDelete