Sunday, March 6, 2011

Surviving Late Winter in Ohio

When winter hangs on, some people go South. They hope a week's worth of sunshine can get them through the last days of winter. I skip the trip South, and instead rely on the Golden Girls for my daily dose of sunshine. The Haflinger horses are spending a few months at a friend's house, and I'm taking advantage of an indoor arena. Today, when the temperatures were in the 30's and the air was brisk, damp and cold, I rode. After five minutes on horseback, I wasn't cold. After ten, I forget about the weather, and then, as Jet cantered around the arena, I couldn't stop smiling.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a back of a horse! Canter a few Yahoo's for Bones and I around the ring, then remember some of our never to be forgotten rides on a wooded trails, the open pastures and nights under the stars around the campfire with the two legged friends and the four legged friends only steps away. Hear the music of their munching as they ate their hay just beside our tent or trailer. I'll never forget those times, they were the best years.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... I've been thinking a lot of those "Bones wants to lead" moments with you, as well as how good he looked in grease paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Yes, He did love to be the leader!!!! Ha! Well as far as how good he looked in grease paint it is in the eye of the beholder! We had too much fun whooping it up on the trails. I still love reading our individual accounts of the rides. It's as if we were in different states doing those rides instead of riding together! Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete