Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our New Dog Mickey

I went to get a dog license for Mickey today.

"Dog's age?" the shelter worker asks.

"Nine," I say.

"Nine months?"

"Nine years," I say.

The shelter worker looks at me.

She doesn't ask why I would take in a nine year old dog.

Mickey is grey around the muzzle. She's a few steps slower than some of the younger Border collies.

But our sheep don't see her as an old lady.

I see her as a wise lady, better trained than any dog I've every owned.

She's very capable of herding sheep.

Tonight, while my younger dogs were snoozing in the living room, she also showed, that she's still young enough to get the zoomies.

How I wish I had a camera to capture the look on Tag and Caeli's faces as they watched Mickey run from room to room.

No comments:

Post a Comment