Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Raining, Dogs

When I open up the back door, I hear, before I see the shirt-soaking rain.

Caeli, the Border collie, doesn't pause. She circles the house, the garage, the manure spreader, looking for any intruder that visited in the night. A lot of rain isn't going to stop her.

Mickey, the Border collie, stands on the back porch and looks up at me. When I step into the rain, she follows. We are a team, after all.

Tag, the Border collie, sits on the back porch and wags his tail. My neat boy doesn't want to get wet or muddy. But, he is obedient. When I call, he comes on the morning walk in the rain.

Pearl Squirrel, the visiting little dog, sits on the back porch and refuses to budge no matter how I call her. She is not walking in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment