Monday, April 19, 2010

Everyday Miracles

As I drop radish, spinach and lettuce seeds into the shallow row, I am amazed to think that sun, rain, dirt, and sixty days will produce a salad. I'm amazed a lot these days. Live on a farm in spring time, and you can't help but live in a state of wonder. From a potato grows a plant that will produce more potatoes. From a seed comes spinach, lettuce, onions and radishes. When I look at the lambs, dry and fuzzy, bouncing in the field. I am amazed how quickly they learn to stand, nurse, and tag after their mother. A flurry of growth and birth surrounds me in the spring, and in it, I find a sense of amazement and calm.

1 comment:

  1. I too am constantly AMAZED....... The amazement never ends, I keep looking for another word to describe it better, there is none. Even my trusty Thesaurus has nothing better. Isn't that amazing?

    ReplyDelete