Saturday, January 16, 2010

Looking the Llama in the Eye

Sitting on a horse gives me a perch to view the world. When I ride my mare Lily in the pastures and hay fields, the only thing above me is the sky. That is, unless I ride in the pastures with the Llambert the Llama. As the llama walks toward me, his neck extends higher and higher. My horse may outweigh him, but the llama has the height advantage. As he looks me in the eye, I no longer feel as comfortable on my perch. Does he find a rider on horseback threatening? Will he spit? Can a horse outrun a llama? In a fight between horse and llama, who would win? These are questions I ask myself as he moves closer, and questions I dismiss as he looks at me and walks by.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, I could feel your fear as you sat on Lily. Of course I found your questions appropriate and awaited for the answers! Whew, I am glad you were dismissed so easily!

    ReplyDelete