Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Musical Buckets

Three times a day, I set out water for the outdoor cats, who follow me to the barn where they drink water from the heated sheep bucket. The chickens, too, drink from the heated sheep bucket and ignore the water I set out for them. The sheep drink from the chicken water bucket, which I take inside when it freezes. Both the indoor cats and the dogs drink from the livestock water buckets thawing inside. But the dogs won't drink from the bucket of water that I offer them. Instead, they go upstairs to the indoor cats' water bowl and drink it dry several times a day.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, been there..... Jessie, our lab, will walk right past the hand pumped water outside when coming to the house, she'll then come in the house and get drinks from the inside dog water dish and proceed to drink it almost dry and drip the rest across the kitchen floor!
    Same in the studio, walk past the outdoor water and drink cat water in the studio! Why does this drive me crazy?

    ReplyDelete