Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Longing for Daylight

I spent the past two days in a conference in downtown Columbus.
By Tuesday afternoon, I was longing to be outside, walking in the snow.
Apparently not everyone shared by longing.
The two gentlemen in front of me were discussing how they didn't plan to go outside until the temperature hit above freezing -- no time in the extended forecast.
The temperatures reached the low 20s today. The sun was shining. The wind was calm.
I took an extended lunch break and walked with the dogs. They delighted in rolling and wrestling in the snow and hunting field mice. I worked Caeli on sheep, and I watched the horses, snoozing in the snow and basking in the sun.
After an hour and a half, my cheeks were numb, but I was much happier.
PHOTOS: Some of the sheep gather around the hay feeder.
Mandy, the foster dog, hunts for mice in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment