Saturday, January 29, 2011

Looking Back

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get the perfect outrun or the sheep to go into the pen. Then, I remember what I was doing last year at this time. When I wouldn't let Caeli work our sheep because I was afraid she'd run them into a fence. When my instructor said the one-acre paddock was too small for work and I thought it was too big. When my instructor looked out onto the unfenced 15-acre hayfields and said that would be a good place to work, and I could never imagine doing that. I'm working Caeli on our sheep now and using her for farm work. I think the one-acre paddock is too small and am beginning to think the five-acre field is too small. I haven't tried the open 15-acre field, but I expect that will happen in the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, an open 15 acre field, you have made great progress with Caeli! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete