Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Man on the Moon

I don't remember Neil Armstrong stepping onto the moon.

I wasn't quite two years old at the time.

But I grew up at a time that people were fascinated with space and astronauts and the moon. I spent so many nights studying the moon, looking for the man in the moon, gazing at the stars and moon in amazement.

In the 1990s, I married, moved to Lebanon, Ohio, and worked at a newspaper near there. One day, a co-worker pointed out a farm with rolling fields and cattle.

"That's where Neil Armstrong lives," she said.

I looked at the farm in wonder -- that a man could go to the moon, return to earth, and choose to live among the trees, grass and livestock.



2 comments:

  1. It goes to show that purity is desirable, whether under foot or gracing the heavens...

    ReplyDelete