Friday, December 7, 2012

No One is Happy

When the soggy rains of December hit, I keep the sheep and horses in the paddocks so they don't tear up the turf.

They would rather graze in the rain than eat hay in the shelter.

The dogs get limited walks because I don't like slogging through wet hay fields that soak my pant legs up to the knees.

Dewey Kitty doesn't want to sit on the back porch and watch the rain, and he definitely doesn't want to venture out and get his paws wet.

I am not happy about all of the mud that comes inside on shoes, feet, and fur.

I try to tell myself that at least I don't have to break ice from water buckets, and that we aren't burning much wood.

But I find myself looking at the weather forecast, searching for temperatures in the 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment