Sunday, December 9, 2012

Where's Jolly? Walking with Caeli.

When I take the three Border collies on a walk, I'm usually accompanied by a Frisbee or Jolly ball.

Caeli insists on bringing a toy with her on the treks through the hay fields.


But, then she gets distracted -- by a mouse or mole or rabbit in the fence row.

And she leaves the ball behind.


And the ball sits in the 10-acre field, awaiting someone to find it.

You'd think it'd be easy to find a pink ball in a field of brown and green. But I walk back and forth until I spot it. Turning to it, I yell, "Caeli, get your ball."

The Border collie sprints toward me, and upon spotting the ball, zeroes in on it (something my camera can't do with fast-moving objects).


She picks up the ball and returns it to the yard where it awaits its next walk with the Border collies.

No comments:

Post a Comment