Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Answer is Five

Living with Border collies can be a joy -- provided you give them lots of structure and activity.

The structure they get every day. But some days -- if it's too windy or I'm working late -- they don't get their long run or herding.

We've now hit Day Five of windy, rainy and snowy weather. For the most part, I can deal with the heat and cold. The wind, though, just makes walking miserable... and herding less than enjoyable -- especially with the dog that's not trained to whistles.

For the first few days, the dogs were okay with hanging out inside and just going outside for quick trips to the barn or wood pile.

But today, Caeli let it be known she's had enough.

She's growling and showing lip at Mickey. She's pawing at me.

So, I'm putting on the rain gear and walking.

And, just for good measure, I'm giving them Bully Sticks to chew on tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Yep the bully sticks will do it for certain :) I've never told the Hubby what they really are myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bully sticks! They're the best for keeping the dogs' teeth clean... but yes, it's always a delicate matter explaining to some folks what they are. :-)

    ReplyDelete