Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weaning the Husband

When the husband returns from feeding Lindsey the Bottle Lamb, I notice he is cupping the bottle and holding it on his far side, away from me. Lindsey is in the final stages of weaning. In the evenings, she is now receiving four ounces of water. In the morning, she receives six ounces of diluted formula. In a few days, she'll receive water only morning and night. Then, it'll be nothing. The husband is taking it hard. On his return trip from the evening feeding, I can tell he doesn't want to linger and talk with me. Suspicious, I ask to see the bottle. He holds it, cupping the bottom. But I can see the white liquid in the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Hummm, the husband is an old softy! I knew it! Well, maybe I've know all along...... :D

    ReplyDelete