Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Good Caeli

Caeli ran through the water and mud to fetch the sheep from the far end of the pasture.

After bringing them to me, mud clung to her legs, underside and tail. She was so happy with her work, that she rolled on her back, muddying her face and topside.

I cleaned her off as best I could, but she was still the dirtiest dog at the herding clinic.

At the end of the day, she hopped into the back seat of the truck. As I was saying my good-byes, she found the hamburger buns, opened the bag and munched on a few. Later, she climbed into the front seat, found my bag and ate the dog food inside.

When I returned to find her, sitting in the front seat, with mud smudged on her smiling face, I smiled too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, she sounds like she had a most excellent day! Very funny this Caeli of yours!

    ReplyDelete